Friday, November 04, 2005

Amazon.com's Mechanical Turk

Interested in turning your internet addiction into monies? Check out Amazon's New Project: Mechanical Turk.

" What is a HIT?

HIT stands for Human Intelligence Task. These are tasks that people are willing to pay you to complete. For example a HIT might ask: "Is there a pizza parlour in this photograph?" Typically these tasks are extraordinarily difficult for computers, but simple for humans to answer.

How do I get paid?

You are paid when your answer is approved by the person that listed the HIT. The money you earn is deposited into your Amazon.com account, where you can turn it into cash at any time by transferring it to your personal checking account."

-From Amazon's Mechanical Turk.

The name Mechanical Turck is a refrence to a famous 18th century hoax (see picture). Want to learn more?

1 comment:

Dr. Fong said...

I tried to sign up... I figured I would excel with menial tasks. It wouldn't let me sign in righ tnow. Maybe they will let me later.